WZTV Top Stories

Pages

WGNS Radio

The Weather Channel: National Weather Outlook

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

And Reba Makes Three!

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Artists Reba McEntire, Jean Shepard and songwriter Bobby Braddock will become the newest members of the Country Music Hall of Fame.




Kix Brooks made the announcement in a private press conference at 9:30 a.m.



"We are inducting royalty this year," said Steve Moore, CMA Chief Executive Officer in a news release. "Jean and Reba are two of Country Music's most revered queens, and Bobby Braddock is a king of songwriting. All three of them refused to follow the crowd; instead, creating their own unique paths. I cannot imagine what Country Music would be like today without these three talented individuals and all of their accomplishments. They each continue to inspire me with their latest performances, albums, compositions, and productions."



There are now a total of 115 members of the Country Music Hall of Fame.



"This is a huge honor for me and something I've dreamed about since I was a little girl," said McEntire in a news release. "When I was a young girl, we would take vacations to Nashville and tour the Country Music Hall of Fame. And now, for me to be inducted, is a dream come true."



Induction ceremonies will take place at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment